Friday, June 17, 2005

l'hamshich!

While my wonderful husband cooks for Shabbos dinner tonight, I thought I'd start writing my blog (he cooks and I do the dishes - believe me I know I'm lucky!!). It's such a strange thing for me to post my thoughts online on my own website. If I write my goofy thoughts on another website, it's less magnified than here. On this blog, what you see is what you get. It's more vulnerable when you put your name on a blog. Maybe people will think that the things I type here is what defines me. I fear that I will come off too flippant or too serious (depending on my mood) and people will judge me accordingly. Oh well. Life shall go on. Maybe I'm being the too-sensitive artist. Just shut up and write!

For most of my life, I have imagined that I would end up as a writer. What I would write about, is something I never finalized/decided (it would be a good idea, huh?). I've done many things to become a writer, but nothing to be a living breathing working writer. I put in many hours journaling and taking writers workshops but nothing ever came into fruition. Quite honestly, it's a lot of work - it's really a rare breed that can keep at it, write something inspiring and succeed.

This blog could go in many different directions - I have many things going on my my life and I am not sure what I want to share and what to keep private - only time and my brain will tell....

Well it's time to finish setting the Shabbos table.

Signing off, over & out!

No comments: