Sunday, February 19, 2006

little lamb lost in the woods...

I feel a bit lost lately.

There are so many things that I want.

I want a baby.

I want a child that I can say, this is mine. This is my daughter or my son.

My wonderful husband & I are still in the pre-parenting world.

I don’t know what your world is like, the world of people who worry about tuition, doctor visits, homework, soccer tryouts (or in our case, would be little league or karate!), sleepovers, and assorted other worries/concerns.

I am scared that I will never know this.

I want to be able to give all of my love to a child, not a few hours of admiration from afar when we have guests with kids.

I have to keep my distance.

It’s so frustrating.

I know that parenting is not a piece of cake.

But I want my slice.

I am scared of it, but still yearning for it.

Please G-d, what will be?

I’m tired of having hobbies, distractions, depressions.

I fear the answer will be no.

3 comments:

Ayelet said...

Hi, TLK. I just came over from pearlies' place. I hope to read your archives one of these days (weeks?) when I get a chance. In the meanwhile, hugs. I'll pray that He should give you Koach and all your heart's wishes for the good (for all that my prayers are worth!).

TenLiKoach said...

Hi there Ayelet!

Thanks again for your kind words - this is a hard journey and I do appreciate your heartfelt wishes! Feel free to look at my past posts - I am flattered :)

have a good night!!

TLK :)

Anonymous said...

you speak my mind...