Thursday, August 13, 2009

e-bleh!


I've been perusing the Ebay website for children's clothing bargains lately. My child is going to a preschool program soon and I wanted to get her nice, but durable clothing that I won't care if she gets dirty. After crossing my eyes from viewing endless offerings I've decided there should be a new rating scale on the site, to make the process easier:

1) Now That's Cute!! - Honey, You Should Bid Now!
2) They Wanna Pay HOW Much for Shipping?? To Ship An Elephant Would Cost Less!
3) Even Your Blind Aunt Millie Would Say this looks Hideous.
4) When We Say The Shirt has a Small Unnoticeable Stain, We Mean Only if You Wear It Inside Out and Backwards.
5) Yes, There REALLY are 75 Items for Sale in This Photo. Maybe if You Count the Lint?
6) This is Why People Hate Americans.

Now I don't hate America or Americans, but my pet peeve is the overcommercialization of cartoon images on clothing. I can handle a little bit of Elmo on a shirt here & there, but to put it on everything, like bedding & nightgowns, just rubs me the wrong way. It gets to the point where the manufacturers should be paying the consumer to advertise their icons. Anywho, I digress.

We'll see if I win any bids - and no surprises, please :)

No comments: