Sunday, July 17, 2005

isn't this fun

So one of the wonderful side effects of taking some of these fertility drugs is having PMS 24 hours a day. The nurses of course tell me 'this is to be expected', so now I have to learn not to snap at people just because they are too cheerful for my liking. Maybe G-d is testing my midot. I know I am lousy at being patient when I am not feeling the greatest. Who is? You hear sometimes of people who are critically ill, are in pain, or just have a horrible life, yet they still are able to look beyond themselves and are sincerely concerned with the well-being of others. How do they do it? I know it is all ego. If I only could stop thinking of myself things would be good, right? What is a healthy balance? When is it proper to say, "hey I'm not feeling to spectactular, I need to lie down, but before I do, how is that diverticulitus of yours doing today?"

Maybe I need to learn to meditate like one of those ancient Yogis who can lower their blood pressure 100 points just by breathing.

Of course there are drugs.

nighty night!

No comments: