Thursday, January 12, 2006

what to do?

I never thought I would say this, but I miss getting those fertility drug injections every day.  It was something that brought my husband & I hope.  We were doing something about our situation.  It even bonded us.  Every day and night, my husband would give me a subcutaneous & later on, intramuscular injections.  Right now our plans are on hold.  I don’t know what the future holds.  I keep fooling myself that maybe there will be a miracle.  Maybe things will happen naturally and we won’t have to go through another cycle of IVF (even though it can be addicting, strangely enough).  Now I feel like we have to work hard again at being a married couple.  It was easy to coast a bit during the IVF process – I was quite hormonally challenged and squeamish from the drugs, and I happily let my husband go into ‘over protective’ mode over me.  He cared and gave so much to me – I don’t know what I gave to him.  

I’ve just been so tired lately.  I haven’t slept well in a long time.  I can’t use drugs as an excuse, since I’m not on any.  I just am tired of the void.  

Oh well.  Mah la’asot?  I just have to fill my life up with other things until then.  Besides chocolate.



No comments: