Sunday, August 07, 2005

hot stuff

This weekend, I had my first real hot flash, thanks to Lupron. I am in the segment of the IVF cycle where I am put into temporary menopause. Never ever again will I ever make fun of anyone or anything regarding menopause. I had always thought menopause symptoms were something perhaps 'annoying' but tolerable. Maybe a bit amusing. After experiencing the scorching relentless wave of heat searing through my body with a killer headache and nausea, I prayed for G-d to let me pass out. Thankfully, I did. I'll be happy to defend hot flashing women everywhere. You can even give me a cape.

2 comments:

torontopearl said...

I once saw a button that read:
"These are not hot flashes; they're just power surges."

TenLiKoach said...

if that's the case, I should glow in the dark :)