Monday, August 15, 2005

it's no soooo bad

It's amazing how we human beings can adapt to things - how something that was not a part of our lives the day before is now a part of their reality. We can resist reality, but it's still reality. Sounds quite deep. I won't go into the greeting cards industry anytime soon. What I really mean to say is that I've been getting these injections once a day (and since Shabbos, twice a day) for the past two weeks now, and it feels like we've been doing this for months. Well this process started months ago. We met with the doctor in May, and it took me a long long time to give in and say 'let's do it'. It takes a while to feel that desperate. People don't do this on a whim. I felt that if I didn't try this IVF thing, that I'd never forgive myself down the road. What if Hashem wants me to do this? What if we were destined to try it? All I know is that the next two weeks will pretty much determine our fates with this. It's scary and the only way to deal is to think of one day at a time. You cannot think of every step at once - it's just too overwhelming. Sometimes you just have to let go and say "ok G-d, just let me know when it's over".

No comments: