Tuesday, August 30, 2005

how devastating....

I am just beside myself regarding what is happening in the southern states.  The entire city of New Orleans must be evacuated.  Bourbon Street is in ruins.  It is unbelievable the pain & suffering the citizens of these cities must be going through.  They have lost their homes, and most have no place to go.  It’s just devastating.  I found a few website that people can contribute money to help the Jewish communities that have suffered….so far I have found…
Chabad Hurricane Relief Fund
United Jewish Communities

It goes to show that we do not really have control over what happens in this world.  When we become arrogant and go off the derech, Hashem sends signals to knock us back into reality.  I dare not say that this is why this hurricane of this magnitude happened, but it is perhaps a reminder that we can always do better.  Always do another mitzvah, always be kind to others (a challenge for me).  May we only know of good times from now on!!!

No comments: