Wednesday, August 10, 2005

(not so) Magnificent Obssesion

Last night the movie, Not Without My Daughter was on tv. I couldn't sleep anyways, so I thought I'd catch a few minutes of it before collapsing into oblivion. I've seen this movie many times before, and always get fixated by Sally Field's character, who is a tricked by her Iranian-American husband to live in Iran whilst on 'vacation' in Tehran in the 1980's (how on earth that could be considered a vacation is beyond me....nice walks along the sniper lined beaches sound just ducky). Of course, I stayed up to watch the whole thing again. As the credits rolled at 1:00am, I realized that although I wouldn't be bright eyed & bushy tailed female that I normally am in the morning (NOT!!), I felt that I needed to know more about the story behind this very brave woman in the movie.....I'll write more about it as I research her...

No comments: