Thursday, August 25, 2005

Twilight Zone

Well I’m back at home from the retrieval.  I don’t remember any of the procedure whatsoever.  I was given twilight sedation, which makes you forget everything.  I had never had sedation before so I was a bit concerned that I would somehow wake up during the procedure in psychotic pain.  All I remember is being told to lie down on the procedure table, and the next thing I know, I’m sitting in the big comfy chair in the recovery room.  When I was wheeled from the procedure room to recovery, my concerned husband told me that the nurse said that I’m a bit ‘drunk’.  Looking a bit glassy-eyed and swaying from side to side, I then proceeded to proclaim that I would like to have a drink of rum (which I don’t consume, unless it’s in pound cake…yum).  If there is anything I’ve learned about my experience this morning, it is that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DRUG!!  If only I could take this during other uncomfortable life experiences, like waiting in line at the DMV.

Anyways, I digress.  Recovery is moderately uncomfortable.  I guess I’ve felt worse, but I’m on enough drugs to hopefully counteract the swelling and pain.  The nurses will let us know tomorrow if this stage is a success.    

No comments: